The College of Public Health's principal home for bringing together the many different facets of community engagement, practice and service is the Office of the Associate Dean for Community Programs and the Community Engagement, Practice and Service Committee (CEPAS). The committee meets quarterly, with work groups convening for action tasks between the quarterly meetings. The committee is chaired by Jill Guernsey de Zapien, Associate Dean for Community Programs, and members include staff, faculty, academic professionals, and students from all three of the College's divisions. Please contact Jill if you would like to join this dynamic group!
The responsibilities of CEPAS include:
- establishing and monitoring overall objectives related to community engagement, practice and service for both strategic planning and accreditation purposes;
- providing a forum for discussion of the issues that impact our ability to engage communities and provide meaningful practice and service opportunities to our faculty, students, and staff;
- providing activities within our institution to increase the College’s sense of community and opportunities for synergy across the divisions that will increase our coordination and collaboration with communities;
- providing a forum for coordination and discussion of workforce development and continuing education activities within the various initiatives, centers and programs in the College; and
- providing a space for networking and announcements of activities that are related to community engagement, practice and service.