National Rural Health Day Webinar: Growing the Power of Rural - The Rural Health Workforce in Arizona
Thursday, Nov. 15 @ 12:00 p.m.
- Heather Carter, EdD, Assistant Professor of Practice, UA Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health and Associate Director of the Arizona Center for Rural Health. She also serves in the Arizona House of Representatives, from North Phoenix and currently chairs the Health Committee.
- Sean Clendaniel serves as Quality and Clinical Manager at the Collaborative Ventures Network (CVN). He also holds academic appointments and is actively involved with various governing and advisory boards and committees.
- Daniel Derksen, MD, Associate Vice President for Health Equity, Outreach & Interprofessional Activities, University of Arizona Health Sciences, Professor of Public Health, UA Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
- Ana Roscetti is the Workforce Section Manager for the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Women’s and Children’s Health Arizona Primary Care Office.
- Achieve a better understanding of the characteristics of the rural health workforce
- Understand 3-5 reasons for rural health workforce shortages
- Describe 2-3 state-level and federal-level programs that aim to address health professional shortages in rural areas
- Describe policies under consideration to address health workforce issues affecting rural Arizona