Community, Environment & Policy Department
1656 E Mabel St.
Medical Research Building 112
PO Box: 245215
Tucson AZ 85724
Prof. of Public Health, University of Arizona
Prof. Emeritus, UCLA
Faculty, Asthma and Airway Disease Research Center
Dr. Harber previously was professor of Medicine and Family Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, chief of the Division of Occupational-Environmental Medicine, and director of the occupational-environmental medicine residency. He has served as chair of the NIOSH/CDC Study Section (IRG), vice chair of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for preventive medicine RRC, Board of directors of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, and a member of several IOM committees. His clinical and consulting expertise includes occupational respiratory diseases, occupational toxicology, and occupational ergonomics. He also served as director of the UA Occupational Health Office and medical director for occupational health (of employees).
MS Muhlenberg College
MD University of Pennsylvania
MPH Johns Hopkins University
Internal medicine residency-Georgetown/VA
Pulmonary medicine fellowship-Johns Hopkins
Occupational medicine fellowship-Johns Hopkins
Examples of Recent Publications:
- Harber P, Su J, Badilla A, Rahimian A, Lansey K. Role of Infrared Imaging for Detecting Facial Seal Leaks in Filtering Facepiece Respirator Users. J Occ Envir Health. 2015. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2015;12(6):369-75
- Harber P, Leroy G. Assessing Work-Asthma Interaction with Amazon Mechanical Turk J Occup Environ Med 2015 57(4):381-5.
- Hu C, Harber P, Su J. Predicting future protection of respirator users: Statistical approaches and practical implications. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2016 May;13(5):393-400
- Harber P, Leroy G. Social media use for occupational lung disease. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2017
- Harber P, Leroy G. Feasibility and Utility of Lexical Analysis for Occupational Health Text. J Occup Environ Med 2017;59:578-87.
- Harber P, Ha J, Roach M. Arizona Hospital Discharge and Emergency Department Database: Implications for Occupational Health Surveillance. J Occup Environ Med 2017;59:417-23
- Harber P, Redlich CA, Hines S, Filios M, Storey E. Recommendations for a Clinical Decision Support System for Work-Related Asthma in Primary Care Settings. 2017 J Occup Environ Med. 59:e231-e235
- Harber P, Leroy G. Insights from Twitter about Public Perceptions of Asthma, COPD, and Exposures,. J Occup Environ Med 2019; in press .