To remind us that we each have a responsibility to keep our community safe and healthy as we return to campus for the Fall 2020 semester, MEZCOPH leadership created this Safe Return Pledge for all students, staff, and faculty in the College.
We invite the whole University of Arizona community to join us, take the Safe Return Pledge, and help promote positive health behaviors and attitudes around our College and our campus. Mask Up, Bear Down!
The University of Arizona Zuckerman College of Public Health: Safe Return Pledge
As members of the Zuckerman College of Public Health community, we strive to ensure an atmosphere of safety, health, equity and compassion. Now more than ever, each of us must take steps to stay well and to protect one another. Together, we can beat this virus and get back to school safely.
By signing this pledge, I affirm that I will take responsibility for my own health and wellness, and will do my part to keep the College of Public Health community safe by slowing the spread of COVID-19 as guided by UArizona's "Test, Trace, and Treat" protocol https://www.arizona.edu/test-trace-treat
I Pledge To:
1. Protect Myself and Others
- Get tested for the COVID-19 virus when I return to campus. https://covid19.arizona.edu/covid19-testing
- Wear a face covering – when physically present on campus I will wear a face covering (face mask) when inside buildings and when unable to maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from others outdoors
- Observe the physical distancing guidelines – when physically present on campus I will observe UArizona's requirements for physical distancing
- Download the Covid Watch app for anonymous “exposure notification” so that I may receive an alert if I came into contact with a Covid Watch user who tested positive. https://covid19.arizona.edu/covidwatch
- Use Wildcat WellCheck. I will conduct daily wellness checks through UArizona’s Wildcat Wellcheck Arizona system; https://www.wellcheck.arizona.edu
- Self-report if I receive a positive test result for COVID-19 https://health.arizona.edu/SAFER
- Respond, if I receive a positive test result, when the UArizona Contact Tracing Team communicates with me and provide information on my close contacts so the Team can help stop further transmission of the virus.
- Keep shared common spaces clean and sanitized
- Wash my hands frequently with soap and water, or with hand sanitizer, for at least 20 seconds according to CDC guidelines
- Stay home if I feel ill and self-quarantine after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19 under the UArizona guidelines https://covid19.arizona.edu/self-quarantine
- Be compassionate, sensitive, and helpful to everyone in our community who may be struggling or fearful
2. Protect the College of Public Health Community
When physically present on campus, I will:
- Be aware of UArizona's COVID Alert Levels and abide by any changes of protocols https://covid19.arizona.edu
When off-campus, I will:
- Continue to follow current CDC guidelines to the best of my ability, including maintaining social distance, wearing a face covering, and avoiding spending time in crowds of 10 or more
- I will actively seek out safer spaces for my recreational and shopping activities
- If I attend important community or social justice events, I will be as safe as possible within these groups using the above measures
As a College of Public Health student, faculty, or staff member, I further recognize my role as a leader in the response to COVID-19. In this leadership role I pledge to:
- Actively help friends and family understand how to best prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Do my best to share accurate information and, when I see or hear misinformation, do my best to correct it and stop the spread of misinformation
- Seek to reduce the stigma of any groups in relation to COVID-19
- Educate myself on the inequities and the public health impact of COVID-19 and engage in conversations to promote awareness
- Practice good self-care and help others around me also practice good self-care
Thank you for taking the MEZCOPH Safe Return Pledge.
For more information contact Shipherd Reed, email@example.com