Phoenix and Tucson Campuses
The Master of Public Health, Health Services Administration is an accredited interdisciplinary College-wide program that prepares students to develop the skills needed to work in a variety of health related organizations such as health systems, health agencies, third party payers and/or health care supply chain organizations in both governmental and non-governmental settings.
The unique combination of public health and health care administration classes in this accredited curriculum will provide students with the tools they need to understand the multifaceted administrative and business aspects of health care. The Health Services Administration curriculum is comprised of specifically targeted courses, with a goal to graduate highly qualified health care administrators.
The accredited program is geared toward students who are excited to enroll in courses that utilize a combination of on line and classroom style teaching modalities. Students selecting this program should possess some background in a public health or a health care related field, and/or have experience working or volunteering with at least one public health program or health care organization. In some circumstances, working students can perform their internship project at their worksite.
Course work includes subject matter in the core areas of public health:
- Environmental and occupational health
- Public health policy and management
- Socio-cultural and behavioral aspects of public health
Students obtain additional skills in the administration and fiscal management of programs that address the health beliefs in a variety of cultures.
Required Core Courses (15 units)
- EPID 573A Basic Principles of Epidemiology (3)
- PHPM 574 Public Health Policy and Management (3)
- EHS 575 Environmental and Occupational Health (3)
- BIOS 576A Biostatistics in Public Health (3)
- HPS 577 Sociocultural & Behavioral Aspects of Public Health (3)
- Internship Preparation Workshop (required; non-credit)
Required Health Services Administration Courses (21 units)
- PHPM 507 Health Care Economics and Policy (3)
- PHPM 558 Health Care Marketing (3)
- PHPM 561 Introduction to Health Care Quality and Safety (3)
- PHPM 562 Health Services Administration (3)
- PHPM 569 Fundamentals of Health Budgeting and Financial Management (3)
- PHPM 608A Public Health Law and Ethics (3)
- PHP 641 Health Systems Delivery (3)
Required Health Services Administration Internship (6 units)
- PHP 909 Master's Report "Internship" (6)
Total Minimum Credit Requirement = 42 units
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health - Phoenix Campus
714 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 119
Phoenix, Arizona 85006