|Zhao Chen, PhD, MPH|
Zhao Chen, PhD, MPH and Lynn Gerald, PhD, MSPH, at the University of Arizona’s Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health are among the new group of emerging campus leaders selected to take part in the University of Arizona's third annual Academic Leadership Institute.
The Academic Leadership Institute is designed to prepare future campus leaders in the midst of challenging times for higher education.
Dr. Chen is professor and director of the epidemiology and biostatistics division. Dr. Gerald is a professor in the health promotion sciences division, associate dean for Research and Canyon Ranch Endowed Chair.
They are among the 26 fellows participating in a variety of workshops and professional development activities throughout the 2012-2013 academic year.
Established in 2010 with the help of outside donations, the Academic Leadership Institute is a partnership of the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost and Human Resources. Its goal is to prepare a diverse group of University employees, including faculty, department heads, associate or assistant deans and other emerging campus leaders, to assume leadership roles in a challenging time for higher education.
Jeff Burgess, professor and director of the community, environment and policy division and Douglas Taren, professor of Public Health and associate dean of academic affairs, are 2012-2013 Academic Leadership Institute Fellows.
UA Academic Leadership Institute Fellows 2012-2013
• Beth Acree, University Registrar
• Katia Bezerra, Associate Professor and Associate Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
• Randy Burd, Associate Professor, Nutritional Sciences
• Zhao Chen, Professor, Division Director, Epidemiology and Biostatistics
• Arezu Corella, Assistant Director, Academic Success and Achievement
• Alain-Philippe Durand, Director and Professor, International Languages, Literatures & Cultures
• Brian Eyck, Director of Research Development, College of Engineering
• Jenny Flynn, Associate Vice President, GIFT Center, UA Foundation
• Lynn B. Gerald, Associate Dean for Research, College of Public Health
• Bryan Heidorn, Director, School of Information Resources & Library Science
• Chris Impey, Distinguished Professor, Astronomy
• Buell Jannuzi, Astronomer (eff. 5/12: Director, Steward Observatory and Department Head, Astronomy)
• Kate Maguire Jensen, Assistant Vice President, Marketing
• Bruce Johnson, Associate Professor and Department Head, Teaching, Learning & Sociocultural Studies
• John Koprowski, Professor, Natural Resources & Environment
• Derek Masseth, Senior Director, Infrastructure Services, University Information Technology Services
• Rudy McCormick, Director, Early Academic Outreach
• Shelley McGrath, Senior Director, Academic Affairs
• Myra Muramoto, Professor, Family and Community Medicine
• Ingrid Novodvorsky, Director, Science Teacher Preparation Program
• Suzanne Panferov, Director, Center for English as a Second Language
• Francisco Pedroza, Assistant Dean, Finance, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
• Hope Schau, Associate Professor, Marketing
• Richard Sias, Department Head, Finance
• Mary Beth Tucker, Director, Office of Institutional Equity
• Robin Wisniewski, Director, SALT Center