Bachelor of Arts in Wellness and Health Promotion Practice
If you are inspired to guide individuals and communities on the path to good health and overall wellness, then this track is for you!
Available In-Person and Online
This track is ideal for students who are energized to share health knowledge and practices with individuals and communities through programs that can transform behaviors and lead to healthier, fuller lives. Upon graduation, students will be eligible to become a Certified Health Education Specialist by taking the certification exam offered through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing https://www.nchec.org/. The certification is not required to work in the field of health education, but it earns professional recognition and can improve career prospects.
- HPS 481: Health Education Intervention Methods (3)
- HPS 306: Drugs in Society (3)
- HPS 330: Human Sexuality (3)
- Community-based organizations
- Public health county, state and federal government
- Businesses with health and wellness departments
- Colleges and universities
For more information about declaring this track for your degree, contact an undergraduate advisor.