Bachelor of Science in Public Health
If you want to keep communities and individuals healthy, consider majoring in Public Health with a Health Promotion emphasis.
Public health educators provide outreach and programming to populations and communities regarding health and safety concerns. The University of Arizona's Bachelor of Science in Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. The Health Promotion emphasis is one of several areas of concentration within the major. Students who choose Health Promotion as their emphasis focus on education and intervention methods, community health concerns, community wellness initiatives, and school health and safety. Undergraduates complement their coursework with an internship that offers professional public health experience. Graduates find rewarding jobs helping others in their communities and beyond.
- Students will be able to communicate public health information in written form.
- Students will be able to communicate using a variety of media including an ePortfolio.
- Students will be able to synthesize epidemiological information.
- HPS 403: Applications in Health Promotion
- HPS 481: Health Education Intervention Methods
- HPS 497E: Public Health for Community Wellness
- Public health education
- Public health promotion
- Community outreach
LEVEL OF MATH
LEVEL OF SECOND LANGUAGE
2nd Semester Proficiency
ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
This major has additional admission criteria. Please see here for more information.
For more information about declaring this track for your degree, contact an undergraduate advisor.