The Master of Public Health (MPH) degree is designed to be an interdisciplinary, professional degree in public health. The MPH Program provides opportunities for students to obtain broad knowledge and basic skills in the core areas of public health. Students are able to acquire proficiency in one or more specialized areas through advanced coursework, and gain experience in applying advanced knowledge to the solution of actual health problems in community settings during internship training.
The program is designed to be a two year program for full-time students. Part-time students can take up to 6 years to complete the program.
The MPH competencies guide the development of the program curriculum and learning activities for the core and required courses in the MPH curriculum. This posted list of competencies also provides applicants, students, employers and other stakeholders' information about the knowledge foundation and skills of graduates from the MEZCOPH MPH program.
Students are able to obtain the MPH degree through one of eight concentration areas on campus and three concentration areas online:
- Environmental and Occupational Health with tracks in Environmental and Occupational Health (EOH) & Industrial Hygiene (IH)
- Family and Child Health with tracks in Global Health and Maternal & Child Health
- Health Behavior Health Promotion
- Health Services Administration (Phoenix & Tucson)
- One Health - NEW for Fall 2017!
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Health Practice (Based at the Phoenix campus)
- Online MPH
- MPH/MA in Latin American Studies
- MPH/MS in Mexican American Studies
- ND/ MPH - Naturopathic Medicine – SCNM
Master of Public Health (MPH) – ONLINE
The University of Arizona online Master of Public Health is designed to prepare you to make a broader impact in your community and around the globe in the public health arena. Through a blend of groundbreaking research, theory and a real-world view of today’s public health issues, our program provides an education that is being applied across geographical and cultural borders to promote a healthy, happier society.
Our world-class faculty of public health leaders helps create a dynamic online learning experience built on direct interaction, collaborative discourse and integrative thinking. The online MPH is a perfect opportunity to match your boundless dedication to public service with a thirst for knowledge.
For further information regarding the online MPH program, please visit http://mphdegree.arizona.edu.