If you are a US citizen or permanent resident and will be seeking financial aid in the form of loans, grants, and/or scholarships, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). We recommend completing the FAFSA by March 1 for priority processing.
The UA Office of Student Scholarships and Financial Aid is the office that distributes federal loans, grants, and miscellaneous scholarships. Information from your FAFSA is processed by this office. If you have specific questions for the Office of Student Scholarships and Financial Aid, we encourage you to use the Ask Aid portal.
Check out the UA Scholarship Universe. "We've brought searching for scholarships into the 21st century so that University of Arizona students are matched to scholarships that they are eligible for."
College of Public Health Named Scholarships
There are several named scholarships within the College of Public Health. These scholarships are reserved for continuing students. Students may apply for them following their first semester in your degree program. View a list of named scholarships. Review our newly received scholarships.
Financial assistance is awarded on the basis of both need and merit. Priority for funding from the College of Public Health is given to doctoral students, then master's level students, and then undergraduate students. Additionally, full-time students are given priority for financial assistance, as are students who apply by the priority application deadline.
Roles Related to Financial Processes and Information
There are a number of individuals and offices within the University whose jobs relate to your financial bottom line. They include:
- The UA Bursar's Office - Provides student account and billing information; receives payments for tuition, fees and miscellaneous campus charges; provides collection of delinquent accounts; delivers refunds and financial aid residuals after disbursement.
- The UA Office of Student Scholarships and Financial Aid - The institutional office that distributes federal loans, grants and miscellaneous scholarships. Information from your FAFSA is processed by this office. There is a listing of scholarships on their website. If you have specific questions for the Office of Student Scholarships and Financial Aid, you are encouraged to use the Ask Aid portal to get your concerns addressed
- Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health Office of Student Services - In addition to managing the support activities related to applicants, students and alumni, we handle the application and disbursement processes for our limited College scholarships. A College Scholarship Committee oversees the scholarship award process. Our Student Services Office does not assess charges to your tuition bill, take payments or have any access to the Bursar's Office process. We also do not play any part in releasing loans to you.
Other UA Resources
- UA Careers - Some university jobs come with qualified tuition reduction benefits.
- UA Handshake - Many students elect to have a part-time job during their college career to fund their living and/or tuition expenses.