Bachelor of Science in Public Health
If you enjoy seeing the world and making a difference for others, the Public Health major with a Global Health emphasis will be a good fit.
Global health professionals work in settings all over the world to help prevent the spread of disease, deploy clean water initiatives, and support communities in times of natural disasters. The University of Arizona's Bachelor of Science with a major in Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. Under the Global Health emphasis, one of several emphasis options, students explore sanitation, global food supplies, epidemiology and more. Plus, they complete an internship in their area of interest. Through a robust study abroad program, Public Health majors also have the opportunity to gain field research and service-learning experience in limited-resource settings.
- Students will be able to communicate public health information in written form.
- Students will be able to communicate using a variety of media including an ePortfolio.
- Students will be able to synthesize epidemiological information.
- EPID 411: Health and Disease Across Time and the World
- HPS 416: The World's Food and Health
- EPID 479: Infections and Epidemics
- Field consultant
- Disaster relief
LEVEL OF MATH
LEVEL OF SECOND LANGUAGE
2nd Semester Proficiency
ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
This major has additional admission criteria. Please see here for more information.
For more information about declaring this track for your degree, contact an undergraduate advisor.