Check out the profiles for our awesome 2019-2020 undergraduate ambassadors. Explore the advice they think incoming students should know, the diverse health professions they hope to go into, the extracurriculars they are involved in, and why they fell in love with public health at the University of Arizona!
Become an Ambassador
What is a MEZCOPH Student Ambassador?
To aid the University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health with outreach and recruitment, the Office of Student Services and Alumni Affairs (OSSAA) coordinates an undergraduate Ambassador program. With a competitive application process, ambassadors proudly represent the College’s student perspective to prospective students and their families, the University of Arizona and Tucson communities, and other groups as called upon. College Ambassadors assist with recruitment activities including the following:
- Meet with prospective and admitted students
- Volunteer for AHSC-sponsored middle school and high school events
- Outreach and presentations to campus clubs and organizations
- Staff tabling events at various events on and off campus
- Serve on student panels for visit days
- Lots of other fun outreach/recruitment activities
This is a great opportunity to share your unique MEZCOPH perspective, meet prospective students, gain leadership experience, and network with faculty, staff, and community members.
Ambassador Selection and Application
Applications are open for the 2020-2021 school year.
Apply today - application can be found here.
- Application due: Friday, March 13th by 5pm *Spring Break
- Interviews (if selected): Monday, March 23rd – Friday, March 27th
- Decisions Provided: on or before Friday, April 3rd
- Ambassador Training: First week of Fall 2020 semester (August)
This is a great opportunity to share your unique MEZCOPH perspective, meet prospective students, gain leadership experience, and network with faculty, staff, and community members. An additional benefit is that Public Health Ambassadors earn official 100% engagement attributes of Professionalism and Leadership on their UA engagement record!
Time commitment: Average of 2 hours per week
Meetings: Ambassador meetings will be held every Friday.
Who are this year’s Ambassadors? View the list of Ambassadors and links to their bios above. Feel free to contact an Ambassador to learn more about their experiences!