Check out the profiles for our awesome 2017-2018 undergraduate ambassadors. Explore the advice they think incoming students should now, the diverse health professions they hope to go into, the extracurriculars they are involved in, and why they fell in love with public health at the University of Arizona!
Become an Ambassador
What is a MEZCOPH Student Ambassador?
To aid the University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health with outreach and recruitment, the Office of Student Services and Alumni Affairs (OSSAA) coordinates an undergraduate Ambassador program. With a competitive application process, ambassadors proudly represent the College’s student perspective to prospective students and their families, the University of Arizona and Tucson communities, and other groups as called upon. College Ambassadors assist with recruitment activities including the following:
- Meet with prospective and admitted students
- Volunteer for AHSC-sponsored middle school and high school events
- Outreach and presentations to campus clubs and organizations
- Staff tabling events at various events on and off campus
- Serve on student panels for visit days
- Lots of other fun outreach/recruitment activities
This is a great opportunity to share your unique MEZCOPH perspective, meet prospective students, gain leadership experience, and network with faculty, staff, and community members.
Time commitment: Average of 1 hour per week
Ambassador Selection and Application
Become a MEZCOPH Student Ambassador for the 2018-2019 year!
This is a great opportunity to share your unique MEZCOPH perspective, meet prospective students, gain leadership experience, and network with faculty, staff, and community members. Also, NEW starting this year Public Health Ambassadors will earn official 100% engagement attributes of Professionalism and Leadership on their UA engagement record!
Time commitment: Average of 2 hours per week
Meetings: Ambassador meetings will be held every Friday from 12-1pm pm in the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.
Who are this year’s Ambassadors? View the list of Ambassadors and links to their bios below. Feel free to contact an Ambassador to learn more about their experiences!
How to Apply:
- Download the form below to your computer and open it with a .pdf reader software (e.g. Adobe) - *If you do not see the application as a fillable form, you may need to update your software or download an appropriate .pdf reader software.
- Complete the application form and save the completed form to your computer
- Applications must be submitted via email to both Melanie Fleck (email@example.com) and Maggie Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume as an additional attachment. There is a creative component to the application that may be submitted via email (if possible) or in person to our offices in Drachman A302.
Interviews: Interviews will be held between March 12th through March 16th (immediately after spring break).
Application Deadline: Friday, March 2nd at 5pm.