Meet our current ambassadors!
Check out the profiles for our awesome 2016-2017 undergraduate ambassadors. Explore the advice they think incoming students should now, the diverse health professions they hope to go into, the extracurriculars they are involved in, and why they fell in love with public health at the University of Arizona!
Become an Ambassador
What is a MEZCOPH Student Ambassador?
To aid the University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health with outreach and recruitment, the Office of Student Services and Alumni Affairs (OSSAA) coordinates an undergraduate Ambassador program. With a competitive application process, ambassadors proudly represent the College’s student perspective to prospective students and their families, the University of Arizona and Tucson communities, and other groups as called upon. College Ambassadors assist with recruitment activities including the following:
- Meet with prospective and admitted students
- Volunteer for AHSC-sponsored middle school and high school events
- Outreach and presentations to campus clubs and organizations
- Staff tabling events at various events on and off campus
- Serve on student panels for visit days
- Lots of other fun outreach/recruitment activities
This is a great opportunity to share your unique MEZCOPH perspective, meet prospective students, gain leadership experience, and network with faculty, staff, and community members.
Time commitment: Average of 1 hour per week
Ambassador Selection and Application
College of Public Health Ambassador selection takes place each Spring for the following year.
Spring 2017 Selection Process (2017-2018 Ambassadors)
- Applications open: Friday, February 24nd @ 12pm
- Application due: Friday, March 10th @ 5pm
- Interviews: Monday, March 20th through Friday, March 24th
- Decision Emails: On or Before Friday, March 31st @ 5pm
- Ambassador Training: Training in April (TBD) and August (TBD), begin duties in Fall 2017
Applications for the 2017-2018 College of Public Health Undergraduate Ambassadors are open. Please complete the below application form and submit all materials as instructed:
- Click on the link below titled "Application Form"
- Download the form to your computer and open it with a .pdf reader software (e.g. Adobe) - *If you do not see the application as a fillable form, you may need to update your software or download an appropriate .pdf reader software.
- Complete the application form and save the completed form to your computer
- Applications must be submitted via email to both Abba Versace (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Devon Moule (email@example.com) as a .pdf file with your resume as an additional attachment. There is a creative component to the application that may be submitted via email (if possible) or in person to our offices in Drachman A302.