Collaborative for Global Adaptive Pandemic Solutions (CGAPS) Workshops
The University of Arizona’s Collaborative for Global Adaptive Pandemic Solutions (CGAPS) Workshops aim to use our knowledge of COVID-19 to predict and prepare for the next pandemic. These virtual interdisciplinary workshops are intended to engage our community around the topic of pandemic preparedness to initiate new research ideas and activities on how to predict, prevent, and mitigate the occurrence of future pandemics. Our goal is to get University scientists and community members together around themes related to COVID to discuss what we have learned and what questions we would still like to answer.
The May 17 workshop will discuss the topics of end of life visitation prohibitions effects on grief outcomes, long-term care compassionate visit guidelines, law and policy around end of life care, and folklife rituals during end of life care and bereavement.
- Dr Mary-Frances O’Connor Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Training, Department of Psychology
- Dr Maribel Alvarez Associate Dean for Community Engagement for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Associate Research Social Scientist in the Southwest Center, and Associate Research Professor in the School of Anthropology
- Dr Katherine Ellingson Assistant Professor of Public Health, Assistant Professor of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences, and Assistant Professor of Medicine in the College of Medicine
- Tara Sklar Professor of Health Law and Director of the Health Law & Policy Program in the College of Law
- David Fife Social Services Director, Casa de la Luz